Do you wish you had something cool to talk about with your
friends? Something that can make you seem like you know what you are talking about? Well, here is your chance! You can now start throwing around the “IF” word with the best of them!
One of the latest trends in the diet world is Intermittent Fasting, or IF for short.
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent Fasting, or scheduled eating, is when you limit
your food intake to an 8-hour window. In other words, you only allow yourself to eat for 8 hours during the day. So why should you allow yourself to succumb to this “trendy torture?”
What are the benefits of IF?
- Your body will burn fat for energy.
Your body stores fat when there is an excessive amount of blood sugar, from the food you eat, that is unable to be stored as glycogen in your muscles for future use. Imagine a funnel. If you pour more sand into the funnel than can exit the small hole at the bottom, the excess sand spills over. This excess sand must be stored somewhere. In the case of your body, the excess blood sugar is stored in fat cells.
It takes a minimum of 8 hours for your body to burn through the glucose produced from one meal. Sometimes it takes longer, depending on the meal, and your level of physical exercise. Once your blood sugar and serum glucose levels are low, your body switches to fat for energy. If you fast for 16 hours, then you have around 8 hours of fat burning throughout your day! If you choose to exercise during your fast, you will use even more fat for energy!
- Your metabolism and energy will increase.
When your blood sugar and energy levels lower because of fasting, your body produces more catecholamines.
When two specific catecholamines are released, adrenaline and norepinephrine, your metabolism, energy levels, and fat burning capabilities increase.
3.Your body will release more Growth Hormone.
4.Your hunger and cravings will diminish over time.
When you fast over time, your ghrelin levels decrease. Ghrelin is the hormone responsible for making you hungry. The key to being successful with IF is to make it through the first 3-8 weeks. Everyone is different, but on average, you need this much time to see a noticeable decrease in ghrelin.
5.You will save money $$$!
When you live the IF lifestyle, you will save money! You will be getting the nutrients that your body needs but will be eating less food. You can then use the extra money you save to invest in other things, like guns and horses.
How can you survive through the first few weeks?
The cool thing about BCAAs is that they contain zero calories and speed up muscle recovery. In other words, you can fuel your muscles without calories! And the more muscle you have, the more calories your body requires for energy.
Extra Tips for successful Intermittent Fasting.
- Start with 12 hours a day of fasting. Most people can accomplish 12 hours of fasting by simply skipping breakfast.
- Eat your last meal 2-3 hours before you go to bed. You will spend most of your fasting time sleeping. Also, you should still feel full the last 2-3 hours before you go to bed.
3. Eat whenever you want during your 6 to 8-hour window. You can still eat the same number of calories that you would while on your regular diet.
- Use BCAAs, like Cannibal Carna, to power through your workouts.
- You can drink coffee, but only if it doesn’t have cream or anything else that has calories. No sugar, but zero calorie sweeteners are ok.
- Workout during your fasted period. If you work out, especially weight or resistance training, while your blood glucose and sugar levels are low, you are more likely to use fat for energy.
- Drink plenty of water. Water isn’t just a great detoxifier, but it can help you feel full. And, if you are tired of your water tasting like water, then add 4 scoops of Cannibal Carna to a
gallon of water, and drink throughout your fast.
- Take a thermogenicor thyroid support product to speed up the results.