Greens- The Supplement Industry’s Weapon For Saving You From Yourself
Very few people on planet Earth have a “perfect” diet- whether it’s indifference, laziness, time constraints, financial limitations, or just minor oversights, most people on the planet could stand to improve their intake of various micronutrients to ensure optimal health. It might just be that a given person absorbs less of a given micronutrient and could stand to consume a bit more, or that the improved digestion could aid in the absorption of macronutrients- the human body is so complex and individual biology varies so much that it’s hard to know what in one’s micronutrient intake could stand to be bolstered. As such, it stands to reason that your diet might need some backstopping to ensure that the nutritional version of a splintered baseball bat doesn’t fly into stands and proverbially decapitate a fan.
Think of your greens supplement as Winston Wolf. It solves problems.
This is where greens supplements come in. Unlike paleolithic man and hunter gatherers who ate an extremely diverse selection of foliage in addition to a great deal of organ meat and marrow, Westerners typically eat a very limited selection of fruits and veggies and avoid offal, by and large. This limits their micronutrient intake considerably, and although some people attempt to bolster their micronutrient intake with multivitamins, they’re still missing critical components to a healthy diet (or failing to digest multis like Centrum altogether). Greens supplements, on the other hand, swoop in like Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction with an answer to every question and a solution to every problem.
Take Chaos and Pain’s greens supplement powder, Gaia, for instance- it contains a wide array of micronutrients and powdered fruits and vegetables to fortify your diet to ensure that every weak point in your diet is bolstered with everything Mother Nature can provide. In addition to 100% of the USRDA of Vitamins A, B-Complex, C, D3, E, K1, and Biotin, Gaia includes:
- Multiberry Mixture– Berries are pretty much the healthiest thing you could consume- they’re packed with antioxidants called anthocyanins that keep your memory as sharp as Miyamoto Musashi’s katana, plus they fight cancer and aid in healing.
- Pineapple Juice Powder– Pineapple juice is awesome for strength athletes because it aids greatly in the digestion of meat and other proteins, but that’s not where its utility ends. It’s also clutch in fighting constipation, indigestion, stomach infections, and inflammation-related stuff like arthritis and sinusitis.
- Bilberry– For thousands of years bilberry fruit has been used to treat all kinds of craziness ranging from diarrhea to scurvy, and it’s used in the modern era to treat those conditions as well as eye problems, poor circulation, cancer prevention, and varicose veins.
- Papaya– Papaya provides almost identical benefits to pineapple juice, as it helps fight cancer, to digest protein, and fights inflammation and digestive problems like constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Camu Camu– Haven’t heard of this gem? That’s alright- we doubt anyone has. They should have, however, because this fruit contains more Vitamin C than any other, and it’s a natural anti-depressant.
- Monk Fruit– This fruit is an ancient Chinese remedy for diabetes, cancer, and allergies, in addition to a natural calorie-free sweetener that is 300-400 times sweeter than cane sugar.
- Broccoli Extract– Our moms told us to eat our broccoli growing up for very good reason- broccoli is chock full of antioxidents that promote skin health, reduce the risk of cancer, and promote healing.
- Carrot Powder– Carrots are jammed with Vitamin A, which aids in protecting your eyesight, reduces your risk of cancer and heart disease, and boosts your immune system.
- Purple Sweet Potato– This odd-looking tuber improves blood sugar regulation as well as possessing antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Fructooligosaccharides– Also known as FOS, fructooligosaccharides are prebiotics that greatly improve gut health, help regulate blood sugar, and lower cholesterol.
- Chlorella– Used as a detoxifier due to its high concentrations of chlorophyll, chlorella helps remove heavy metals and toxic chemicals from your body.
- Papain– The digestive enzyme found in papaya, papain aids in the digestion of protein and reduces inflammation.
So there you have it- greens are the bee’s knees. You could skip them if you want, but you might just drop dead of cancer if you do, so…
maybe just take your greens.